Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager. It is available as a separate application as well as a part of the Microsoft Office. The current version for windows is Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2011 fr Mac. It is mainly used as an email application and also includes a calendar , task manager, note taking , journal, contact manager and web browsing. It can work with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Sharepoint Server for multiple users in an organization. The different versions of Microsoft Outlook are Outlook 2000, Outlook 2002, Office Outlook 2003, Office Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010.
In Microsoft Outlook, a PST file is a personal folder file where PST stands for personal storage table. It is used to store calendar events, messages and other items within Microsoft software such as Microsoft Windows Messaging, Windos Exchange Client and Microsoft Outlook. Sometimes, inbox e-mails, outbox e-mails, sent mails may be deleted accidentally and even the e-mails may be deleted from “deleted item” folder of Outlook. You can use any third party recover Outlook PST software that can repair PST file and can also recover deleted emails. You might be using MS Outlook as an email client on your computer to store the emails and other attributes. Sometimes, you are unable to open MS Outlook on your computer and are encountered with some errors while trying to open it. This may due to PST file corruption or because of the broken pst file. When a pst file gets corrupted , it results in huge loss of Outlook emails and other data.the emails will be broken and sometimes, it is not able to open the Outlook.
What are the Precautions to be taken in case of PST file corruption ?
- Stop using Microsoft Outlook immediately and make use of Scanpst.exe – Inbox repair tool provided by Microsoft Outlook, to repair corrupted PST file in case of minimal corruption.
- In case of minimal corruption to PST file, locate Scanpst.exe to repair the damaged PST file. It repairs the header of a damaged PST file, thus, does not recover the deleted and lost emails.
After taking the precautions, if you are still unable to recover deleted emails then you should use Email recovery software which is not only capable of repairing your damaged PST file, but also capable of recovering all your Microsoft Outlook data with utmost ease. It can recover deleted emails from Outlook 2007 that gets corrupted when the size of PST file exceeds the 2 GB file size limit or due to malware. It can also recover the compressed PST files & after recovery provides you an option to preview the recovered emails.
Advantages of Outlook mail recovery (.pst) software are as follows:
- It recovers deleted and lost emails from Inbox, sent mail, deleted items and all other Outlook folders.
- It recovers Outlook data like contacts, rules, journals etc.
- It recovers the password protected and high encryption PST files
- It repairs the pst files that have been corrupted or damaged.
- It supports recovery of embedded HTML messages and recovery of large attachments
- It supports Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010.